What Do I Do If the Movers Are Late?
If you are worried about us being late, then we can ease your mind right now– it is very unlikely that we will be late!
In the event that some sort of hold-up is keeping us from arriving on time, we will let you know. By keeping you in the loop every step of the way via phone call, we stay on track with moving and keep you informed so you are not left in the dark when movers do not arrive on schedule. There are a few unforeseen circumstances that may cause a delay, these circumstances include:
- Poor Weather Conditions
- Heavy Traffic
- Construction/Detours, etc.
If we have informed you that we are running behind due to unexpected delays, there are some things you can do to keep busy during the wait.
What Should I Do While Waiting for Movers?
If our movers have notified you that they are experiencing an unexpected delay, here are some things you can do in the meantime:
- Double Check: Take the extra time to do a quick run-through of your belongings. Go through your checklist and make sure everything is accounted for.
- Last Chance for Relaxation: If you have already gone through the process of double-checking your belongings, then take the time to just relax before the big move. Have a coffee, make some breakfast, or just take a load off before the busy day.
How to Prepare for Your Moving Company Arrival
Whether your movers are running behind or they are right on schedule, there are some things you can do ahead of time to prepare for your movers’ arrival.
- Empty Out Drawers: Emptying out drawers is not only a great way to keep track of your belongings but helps our movers too. If your drawers are empty it makes it easier for us to lift and load furniture, increasing the efficiency of the move.
- Disassemble Furniture: If your furniture requires disassembly, you can easily help increase the efficiency of your move by making sure that all parts of the furniture are together and in one place.
- Pack a Bag: Whether you are moving across the state or across state borders you will need to pack a bag of essential items to help you settle into your new space. Remember to include toiletries and a change of clothes.
At Estate Property Movers, we are the trusted choice for intrastate and long distance moving. Whether you are headed across the block or across the nation, our white glove movers have got your back. We provide professional local movers or interstate movers to Georgia, Texas, Florida, and surrounding areas. Contact us today to schedule your move!